The April 2018 update has been posted and ready for download. If you have an active support license run your CSUpdate program in the installation directory, or Click Here to download and install the latest Updater. For stations without an active support license contact your supplier or Arctic Palm Sales to activate your support license.
The Update Module will verify your support license, check for updates. If updates are available, the Updater will backup your existing version then download and install the latest updates.
Featured Updates in this Release
Center Stage Live
Data Casting with Center Stage Live
Data Casting: Posting Program Associated Data to RDS\RBDS Encoders, HD Radio, The Artist Experience, DAB/DRM, SlideShow, Web Sites, Streaming Services, Web Services such as TagStation/NextRadio, TuneIn, etc.
Modified playlist import timings to check for updates every 5 second to capture last minute updates.
CSRDS has been updated with several new features including:
• CSRDS now supports DTS Connected Radio, Click Here for information on DTS Connected Radio.
• The event “Trigger” process has been modified to send scheduled messages based on the automation system category. For example, if you have a message you would like displayed during commercial breaks, enter the commercial category as the CSScheduler trigger and CSRDS will post the message each time a commercial is aired.
• The CSPRM MetaPub process has been streamlined eliminating the need for a remote/satellite instance. To activate this option, close the remote CSPRM instance of CSRDS and select the CSPRM option in the Input Sources tab of the Local instance. Once set, CSRDS will automatically monitor all CSPRM programming as well as the local automation system metadata.
• Remote/Satellite schedules have been moved to the installation directory. This will eliminate issues where some windows temp file cleanup processes have deleted schedules. We have also added an “overwrite” verification and Configuration ID option to notify users when one schedule will replace an existing schedule.
• The Input Sources scheduling process has been tweaked to simplify scheduling for non-satellite inputs. For example, if we are using Wide Orbit for some day parts and Media Touch for other day parts we can create a schedule for Media Touch so it is used during the scheduled period and Wide Orbit is used for all other day parts.
CSWeather now supports the new XML format for Burli Newsroom to capture and post Top Stories for selected newscasts
Headlines will display similar to a TV crawl listing the top stories covered in the newscast
The EAS parsing routines have been modified to make every attempt to include counties in the RDS message. Depending on the size and number of counties CSWeather uses an all or nothing approach. If 4 counties are in the alert but only 4 fit in the 64 character limit CSWeather will use the Listening Area option instead of the counties.
Test Alerts are limited to a 10 min rotation
Live alerts are limited to a 2 hour rotation (Rotate with other scheduled messages for up to 2 hours or until the Alert ends or is cancelled)
Modified Update process to force updates as each new schedule starts to ensure latest updates are included
Add a Re-Load Schedule option to force MetaPub updates on demand
Add a Capture Only function to capture MetaPub data to air on a later date and time
CSSync was modified to add exclusions to sub-directory file monitoring,